Interview Questions for Research Assistants:
Research assistants support university faculty through preparatory research, the collection of test subjects and the summary of results with their research projects. The research assistant also participates in project meetings and supervises students that participate in the study.
Top five research associate interview questions for hiring managers and candidates with detailed tips.
The ideal candidate should pay outstanding attention to detail when interviewing research assistants. Be careful of the multitasking candidates.
1. You are assigned several complex tasks with different deadlines. How do you handle this?
Proves the ability to manage time.
2. How have your administrative skills improved the quality of your work?
The worth of the administrative capability of the candidate is tested.
3. What methods do you follow in order to manage your workflow capacity?
This shows the organisational and administrative capacity of the candidate.
4. A professor requires information for a paper he is writing. Where do you look?
In order to locate relevant information, candidates should describe their use of the library and internet resources. Search for applicants who find inventive ways to get knowledge.
5. Describe your computer experience. Which applications do you use and why?
Shows skills in computing.