- The PCB has issued new amendments to the PSL 2022 playing conditions.
- Tickets for PCB’s marquee event can be purchased online at cricket.bookme.pk.
- From January 27 to February 27, Karachi and Lahore will host PSL 2022 matches.
LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has issued new amendments to the PSL 2022 playing conditions as well as general guidelines for fans.
From January 27 to February 27, the PSL 2022 matches will be held in Karachi and Lahore. The PCB has asked tournament attendees to purchase tickets for the PCB’s marquee event online at cricket.bookme.pk.
LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has issued a statement.
The PCB has made the following changes to the playing conditions:
- If a team loses players as a result of positive results, it can seek approval from the Technical Committee for replacement players from the reserve pool of players (Clause 188.8.131.52).
- In order for a match to take place, a team must have at least 13 players who are COVID-19 negative (Clause 184.108.40.206).
- New points of amendment for the PSL 2022 playing conditions and general guidelines for fans have been implemented.
From January 27 to February 27, the PSL 2022 matches will be held in Karachi and Lahore.
The PSL 7 Points Table 2022 can be seen on the Time of Cricket website.
The PCB has asked tournament attendees to purchase tickets for the PCB’s marquee event online at cricket.bookme.pk.
The starting lineup must include at least seven and no more than eight local players, with one of them being an emerging player. However, if a team is affected by COVID to the point where it is unable to create a playing 11 in accordance with the relevant requirements, the requirements will be waived to the extent necessary (Clause 1.2.5).
The fielding side must be ready to bowl the first ball of the final over of the innings by the scheduled or rescheduled end-of-inning time. If they are not in this position, one fewer fielder will be allowed outside the 30-yard circle for the remainder of the innings (Clause 13.8).
The final will be held on a reserve day. If no result is obtained on the reserve day, the team that finishes first in the points table after 30 league matches is declared champion (Clause 16.11.1).
The television umpire will rule that there are no balls (Clause 21.5).
Three players, five support staff test positive for COVID-19
According to tournament director Salman Naseer, three players and five support workers tested positive for COVID-19 just days before the start of the new PSL season on January 27 and were placed in isolation.
The players will be able to rejoin their teams if they produce two negative test results, according to the report.
Members of the six franchises have begun checking into their hotels after receiving negative results in the pre-arrival tests, which have totaled over 250 since Thursday.